Estate planning is an important step for individuals and families to take when it comes to protecting their assets and providing for loved ones. For many, estate planning can seem like a daunting task. However, having a qualified estate planner in Texas can help make the process smoother and simpler. Here are six reasons why engaging the services of an estate planner can be beneficial to those living in Texas.
- Provides Peace of Mind. Having a plan in place can provide peace of mind knowing that your assets will be taken care of if something were to happen to you or your family members. An estate planner will work with you to create a plan that is tailored specifically to your needs and goals, ensuring that your wishes are respected after you’re gone.
- Helps You Avoid (or Minimize) Probate. An experienced estate planner can help guide you through the process of avoiding probate, which is the legal process of settling an estate after someone has passed away. Probate can be lengthy and expensive, so having an estate planner who understands how it works in Texas can be invaluable during this time.
- Ensures Your Wishes Are Respected. When creating an estate plan, it’s important that it reflects your wishes for what happens after you’ve passed. An experienced estate planner will work with you to create a plan that takes into account not just your financial concerns but also any non-financial considerations such as medical needs or directives.
- Preserves Assets. Preserving assets is another key component of estate planning, especially in Texas. An experienced estate planner will have knowledge about applicable laws and regulations, so they can help ensure that your assets are properly protected while still allowing them to pass down according to your wishes upon death or disability.
- Ensures Beneficiaries Receive What You Desire. When setting up an estate plan, deciding who receives what is often one of the toughest decisions people face because it involves making difficult choices about who should receive their hard-earned money or property upon passing away or becoming incapacitated. An experienced estate planner will have the knowledge needed to ensure all beneficiaries get their equitable share without any chance for confusion or miscommunication further down the road.
- Saves Time & Money. Creating an effective and efficient estate plan requires time, effort, and research—all things most people don't have much of when dealing with other obligations on top of trying to build their own plans from scratch. Working with an experienced professional saves both time and money by taking care of many complicated steps involved in creating a successful plan, such as: legal research, asset protection strategies, trust set-up assistance, etc.
Estate planning isn't something everyone wants (or knows) they need, but it's essential for those who want peace of mind, knowing their assets and family are protected in the event of death or incapacity. Having a qualified attorney in Texas makes this process easier by taking care of all complex steps involved from start to finish while ensuring all parties are treated fairly along the way. It’s clear why engaging the legal services of a competent attorney in this field should always be strongly considered when deciding how best handle one's financial affairs.
Contact Provident Legal Counsel today to discuss your case and legal options. Schedule a Consultation or call (214) 432-6100.